Ebikebatteries Online provides a 2-year warranty on bicycle batteries and related products (for example bicycle battery chargers). The warranty period starts from the date of purchase. This extra guarantee applies without prejudice to the legal guarantee. The legal warranty applies to all items that you buy from us. Legal guarantee means that a product is or must do what the consumer can reasonably expect from it.
If the product, after checking by Ebikebatteries Online, is indeed defective, the product will be repaired for free or you will receive a new product. If the product can no longer be repaired and we no longer have the product in our range, you will be refunded the purchase price.
What is not covered by the warranty?
- Malfunctions occur after the bicycle battery or related product is exposed to abnormal conditions.
- Defects arise after the bicycle battery or related product has been carelessly or incorrectly handled.
- Normal wear and tear of the bicycle battery cells *.
- Defects occur after the bicycle battery or related product has been opened by someone other than CLS.
- Defects arise after the bicycle battery or related product has been repaired by a third party.
- As your battery ages there will be a loss in storage capacity and riding range, which is normal and not covered under warranty
- Minor scratches, marks or imperfections
- Damage due to external causes, e.g. damage by negligent use, incorrect use, installation and tampering with the battery pack, damage by traffic accidents etc.
- Cosmetic case damage due to normal wear and tear and maintenance.
- Lithium batteries lose capacity naturally and need to be maintained.
- Modifications to the battery
- If the safety seal is broken, indicating the battery casing has been opened
- If your battery is stolen or misplaced
- If the product is used commercially in any way (including, but not limited to, putting the product for hire, using it for food delivery and using it for flyer drops). T
- The warranty will be voided if the product is used commercially in any way.
* Wear of the battery cells of the bicycle battery : The capacity of each battery, including that of the bicycle battery, decreases every month due to wear of the battery cells. In addition to purely the passage of time, charging (ie the number of charging cycles) in particular has an effect on the capacity of the bicycle battery. The more often the bicycle battery is recharged, the more its capacity decreases and the range that can be achieved on the electric bicycle therefore decreases.
However, how much the capacity of the bicycle battery will decrease and how quickly it will decrease cannot be predicted exactly. This depends on many more factors. Therefore, always follow the tips in the user manual that comes with the bicycle battery. This ensures that the decrease in the capacity of the bicycle battery is mainly determined by two factors: how often you use the bicycle battery and how far you cycle with it.